Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Planking for dummies


I was surfing the net, clicking websites, liking posts on Facebook and tweeting about whatever tweets I could find when a post on Facebook suddenly caught my attention. It's about this planking thing that became a public hit. You'll probably wondering what PLANKING means right? Well so, do I. I mean I have seen what they are doing, but to be honest I haven't got the slightest idea of its purpose.

So it's already 12:49 am and I'm still up. While writing this topic on my blog I asked for the meaning of Planking to my good friend Google, and his answer is a simple.

Planking or the lying down game is an activity consisting of lying face down in an unusual or incongruous location. The hands must touch the sides of the body and having a photograph of the participant taken and posted on the internet is an integral part of the game.[1] Players compete to find the most unusual and original location in which to play.[1] The term planking refers to mimicking a wooden plank.

So that was the answer of my friend Google, based on the explanation planking means I still don't get it. Of course, I don't get it, I mean what's the purpose of facing down on the ground with your arms fit beside you and just pose for nothing. Tell me; is there a benefit on doing this? Nowadays people wanted to find some unusual place to do planking and be crowned as what? The best planker ever? Is there such an award? Maybe eventually it would appear, but I really don't care.

So I tried typing the word planking on Google's face to find some pictures about Planking but i ended up having these pictures for planking.



I laughed because what appeared on my screen were wood, a real plank, and the original plank. Literally woods, like what of those carpenters use when they renovate their house or something like that. I was eager enough to find people doing this stuff so I typed People Planking and viola. This is what real plankers look like.


They look like some shape shifters who tries their best to blend in with the surroundings by means of lying on the ground face down and body straight with matching hands on their side.


So going back to what I found earlier this night. I saw one of my college mate post on her wall what planking means. I thought this connotation of planking is another one of those brutally hilarious words created by some bored guy who has nothing else to do but to laugh and be laughed at. But I was wrong, dead wrong. To my surprise, this denotation of the Planking meant something else. And here is what it says.

PLANKING in LATIN means worshipping the devil in a parallel position.”

FLANKING or PLANKING

(Resting exercise)

-is an old Eastern Religious practice or demonic exercise that leads to death to many people in the past, they are now beginning to revive this demonic practice and most victim are young people.


Don’t be too surprised because that is what my reaction the first time I read this. If this is true then planking is evil, this whole practice is like a ritual to have some kind of Satan’s army to conquer the earth. Then after that, they will rule the world and everyone will plank for the rest of our damned lives. Sorry about that, my mind was just carried away with silly imaginations. Seriously speaking, after reading this I came to realize that it might somehow be similar to that inverted cross wherein they say back then a sign of worshipping the devil. Meaning to say, just by planking in anywhere you like makes you praise the king of hell.

First and foremost, I have a query. What is the benefit of doing this activity anyway? It’s not even productive to start with. To plankers, don’t you even realize that what you’re doing is only making your health in a bad situation. Just think of it for a second okay, your face is placed down the ground. Let’s say you planked on a field, well we cannot even say that it’s clean. I mean who knows what creature or insect passed by that grass field. What if there’s a dog poop that was only buried under that, can you imagine yourself planking face down on the grass field and after a few minutes you got up and you have an instant mud facial with an added wretched odor. See what I am trying to point out?

Planking is pointless and a silly thing to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment