Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I was surfing the net, clicking websites, liking posts on Facebook and tweeting about whatever tweets I could find when a post on Facebook suddenly caught my attention. It's about this planking thing that became a public hit. You'll probably wondering what PLANKING means right? Well so do i. I mean I've seen what they're doing, but to be honest I haven't got the slightest idea of it's purpose.

So it's already 12:49 am and I'm still up. While writing this topic on my blog I asked for the meaning of Planking to my good friend Google, and his answer is a simple.

Planking or the lying down game is an activity consisting of lying face down in an unusual or incongruous location. The hands must touch the sides of the body and having a photograph of the participant taken and posted on the internet is an integral part of the game.[1] Players compete to find the most unusual and original location in which to play.[1] The term planking refers to mimicking a wooden plank.


So that was the answer of my friend Google, based on the explanation planking means I still don't get it. Of course I don't get it, I mean what's the purpose of facing down on the ground with your arms fit beside you and just pose for nothing. Tell me, is there a benefit on doing this? Nowadays people wanted to find some unusual place to do planking and be crowned as what? the best planker ever? Is there such an award? Maybe sooner or later it would appear, but I really don't care.

So I tried typing the word planking on Google's face to find some pictures about Planking but i ended up having these pictures for planking.

No comments:

Post a Comment