Wednesday, September 7, 2011

SPELL DISSAPOINTMENT

First of all here's a message for those people who might have the chance to read this little work of mine.

What I'm about to post is neither about hatred nor amusement of the event. What I'm about to post is non other than my sentiments about the said event. I don't mean to hate the host, the council, the whole staff who made the pageant as beautiful as possible, but I find it a little bit disappointing. Do I need to spell it out? So I'm sorry for those readers who thought I would post remarkable stuff about it. Shall we start?

For everyone's benefit my post is a critic of the pageant I watched in our campus. I’ve heard a lot of good comments about the previous pageant, and so I was expecting that this year’s display would at least exceed my expectations. And to my surprise it did, it did exceed my expectations to disappointment.

Yes, I was disappointed not just by the result but also because of the freaking host who I assumed forget about or course? You may ask why I made it a big deal. Well for your information people of the earth. My course maybe new but at least gave us the same respect as the other courses have. I am not your typical student who would just sit around and let this little false action go by. What happened was like this:

The host was having a roll call of the courses first they called the first course and then the guy switched it to calling the year level. I mean what the happened? Is he on outer space right now; is he spacing out or nervous maybe? The girl host specifically said that they would be calling by department, the course the college was offering, the course the students were taking, the course wherein the students strive for their best for excellence. Now why on earth would this male emcee change it by calling the year level? I just shrugged everything off and continued my chit chattering with my good friend who was sitting right next to me. The next thing was a bit irritating, when the female emcee repeated the roll call of by department, our department was not called. Not even once. I did not even hear the first letter B, none. I thought my ears were just kidding around, or maybe I forgot to clean my ears again. But, before I went out of my room I assure you I cleaned my ears twice.

So, he did not call our course big deal? Yes it’s a big deal; it’s unfair for us because he called the other department not once but thrice. But our course not even a single murmur was heard from his dried lips. Now tell me, should I still keep it to myself, this annoying fact that this host, emcee, forgot that there is a new course in our campus. Did he forget about it or did he intend to fail to remember that there is an existing course such us mine being studied in our campus. I was so pissed that time that I wanted to throw my cell phone at him, or maybe ran straight to the stage and strangle him. Yes that is how mad I am that time and I am not afraid to admit it.

Next thing to be discussed is the “UNTIDINESS OF THE STAGE”. I heard this group of teens from our back stating their opinions of how untidy the stage was. I think I would agree with them, others were saying that the council didn’t give enough budgets for the preparation of the stage but did prepare something for their formal attire. The officers were ravishing that night and I admired their beauty. But if it hadn’t been to those blabbering students behind me commenting about the disorderliness of the place I would have never thought of it the same way. I know that the theme was all about crimes and being caught for that offense but it didn’t mean that the platform was supposed to look like some people threw yellow paper around it and placed the some drums around.

I think that would be it, as for the result of the pageant well I’ll keep the thought for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment